9.7.09

An exciting week for the bookmaplet!

Wow, I just had a crazy week with the bookmaplet!

One week ago, last Thursday the bookmaplet got featured on Lifehacker, and shortly after this it was also picked up by MakeUseOf.com and KillerStartups. The net result? Tons of people trying it out. Check out this Google Analytics graph:


About 1200 visits on Thursday, and its settling around about 150-300 visits a day. Before that, I was averaging less than 5 visits a day. For those noticing a downward trend near the end, today I'm already at 208 visits. So, overal I'm very happy with this result.

Best of all, I started getting mails from people. There is something very special about creating something that you believe in, that is easy to use and useful, and then having people you never heard of telling you how much they like what you made. I even got some bug reports and feature requests. So, if you have any comments or suggestions for the bookmaplet, don't hesitate to contact me.

In the coming days, I'm going to look into some of feature requests that I got. So keep your eyes peeled for some new stuff showing up soon.

So, if you haven't done so already, give the bookmaplet a try and tell your friends about it.

2 comments:

BoboDeBoze said...

As a user from more or less day 1, I have to admit it was just sitting on my browser bar for a long time without being used. However, with the holiday trip fast approaching I use it all the time now to find out where all the interesting spots to go visit with the kids are. Lots of web sites still don't have a link to Google Maps (or similar) from their address so this comes in really, really handy wrt efficiency. Good work!

Tom P. said...

I just discovered bookmaplet today from a link from Google Maps Mania. All I have to say is THANKS! This is exactly the kind of thing I have been wishing someone would write. Fantastic! Give yourself a hearty pat on the back! ;)