14.10.08

Murder Manifest is following you

Two days ago, I noticed a new follower on my Twitter account. It was none other than Dutch death thrash formation, Murder Manifest. It looks like they got their online presence well established through their own website, and Twitter, Last.fm, and YouTube accounts (among a few others). They appear to be a good example of what I try to describe with the VirtualPresence posts.

But there is more - and this is the real kicker - they released their entire album, called Mental Surgery, for free online. You can go to their site and download it. Which I immediately did, of course. Especially as they mention being influenced by bands as Aborted, The Black Dahlia Murder and Dissection. They also released the album on cd on the 1st of September. I expect this type of distribution to grow further in the coming years, as even more mainstream artists are starting to do this. The best other example that I know about is Trent Reznor of NIN who seems to be at the forefront of developing new ways to interact with his fans and the public.
Now I'm going to put this Murder Manifest album on and listen to what they managed to produce.

No comments: