29.3.08

A new load of cd's

A made another visit to my favourite cd-shop, LSP Company. One of the cool things they do is putting small labels on some of the cd's with a small description of what the music is like. This helps in trying out cd's of bands you never heard of before (which I like to do sometimes). Even though they're not full reviews, at least you have a basic idea of what to expect.
So, what did I end up with today:

  • Cavalera Conspiracy - Inflikted: This was the only cd of which I knew in advance that I would buy it. I'm curious to find out what the reunion of the two Cavalera brothers brought forth. They also enlisted the help of one of the Gojira members, one of France's best metal bands of the moment.
  • Dark Fortress - Eidolon: Never heard of them. According to a sticker on the cd, they make "diversified, frighteningly extreme, and highly creative black metal". As far as I'm concerned that title goes to Anaal Nathrakh for the moment, but we'll see what they can do.
  • Dylath-Leen - Semeïon: Female fronted melodic death metal. Never heard of them. Looking at the description and the artwork, I'm expecting this to be somewhat like Scar Symmetry.
  • Truppensturm - Fields of Devastation: Another noble unkown to me. The sticker on this one says: "Superb massive black metal with death metal influences! No NSBM. Very intense riffing, samples and pounding drums creating a violent atmosphere!" Quite the mouthful.
  • Unearthly Trance - Electrocution: This is probably the weirdest one. They supposedly play a mix between a heavy funeral doom and a post-rock sludge type of sound (like Neurosis, Rwake). As I'm a big Neurosis fan, I couldn't resist trying this one out as well.
So, it seems I got some listening to do. I got the Truppensturm cd on right now and that description wasn't lying...

Horns up!

No comments: